Packaged: 50 84" IV Administration Sets Per Case.
1. Hang the container so that the fluid level is approximately 32" above the venipuncture site.
2. Verify that the flow regulator is set to OFF.
3. Spike the fluid container.
4. Open the flow regulator to the OPEN position and purge all air from the set.
5. Reset the flow regulator to the OFF position after ensuring that all the air is purged from the set.
6. Connect the male Luer lock to the venipuncture device.
7. Rotate the flow regulator to the desired flow rate in ml/hr.
8. Verify the flow rate by counting the drops falling in the drip chamber. Approximately twenty drops equal one ml.
9. If an adjustment is necessary, slowly rotate the flow regulator in the appropriate direction.
Note: Before administering supplementary medication through injection Y-site,aseptically prepare entry point and close clamp.
• The flow regulator is not effective and should not be used with highly viscous fluids (e.g. dextrose solutions in excess of 10% concentration) in blood or with medications that are not totally soluble.
• Do not use a venipuncture device smaller than a 22 gauge.
• Do not leave the flow regulator on at 250 ml/hr or higher as the flow
rate may increase rapidly past that point.
• Before accessing the injection site, swab with an approved antiseptic.
• Do not allow air to be trapped in the set.
• Do not use a pressure infusion device.
• Maintain a height of approximately 32" from the fluid level to the
• Replace per CDC or your guidelines.
IV Administration sets are designed to optimize infusion delivery, reduce the risk of infection for the patient, and to keep access sites clean and protected.